- Class X - 8 Cities - 24% (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Pune)
- Class Y - Around 100 Towns (With a Population above 5 Lakhs) - 16%
- Class Z - Rural Areas - 8%
- DA = It would be 0 percent. Because it will be merged with the basic pay.DA will be revised every six months.If you work in some special organisations, like CBI, IB, Security agencies etc., you get an extra 20% of Basic Pay as Special Security Allowance(SSA).
Let say the salary calculation of an Examiner posted in Mumbai.
According to 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table,
- The Basic Pay = Rs. 44,900.
- HRA = 24% of Basic Pay = Rs. 10,776
- DA = 0.
- Transport allowance =Rs. 3600 (Since Grade Pay 4600 lies in between Grade Pay of 2000 to 4800 )
- Now Gross pay = Basic Pay + HRA +DA +TA = Rs.44900 + Rs.10,776 + 0 + Rs.3600 = Rs.59,276. = Rs.60,000(approx).
- NPS (National Pension Scheme) = 10% on Basic Pay is deducted as NPS =Rs. 4490
- Employee Provident Fund(EPF) = It is based on the employee’s Basic pay which is 12% of salary (BP + DA). EPF = 12% of Basic Pay= Rs. 5388
- TDS and other taxes like Education Cess will be deducted.
- Total Deduction = NPS+EPF+Tax(TDS)+Other deductions = Rs. 9000 (approx)
- Inhand Salary = Gross salary - Total Deduction
|Grade-pay||X city||Y city||Z city|