UDAAN scheme: Tamil Nadu govt signs MoU with Aviation Ministry
- Amaravathi Dam is situated in Tamil Nadu
- CM of Tamil Nadu is Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- C. Vidyasagar Rao is the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- P.Ashok Gajapathi Raju is the Civil Aviation Minister.
Ministry of AYUSH inaugurates 2nd National Health Editors' Conference on Yoga
ii. The theme of the conference is 'Yoga for Health and Harmony'. The event was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The Ministry of AYUSH was formed on 9th November 2014
- Earlier it was known as the Department of Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H) which was created in March 1995
- It was renamed as Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in November 2003.
- Shripad Yasso Naik is the Minister of Ministry of AYUSH.
India signs OECD pact to check tax evasion by MNCs
ii. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley signed the multilateral convention in Paris, France to implement tax treaty- related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting.
- The Organisation for European Economic Cooperation (OEEC) was established in 1948
- OECD Headquarters in Paris, France.
- Secretary-General of OECD is Angel Gurria.
Indian American Raja Chari among 12 new astronauts chosen by NASA
iii. Lt. Col. Raja Chari is the first Indian American after Kalpana Chawla to be chosen by NASA for one of its missions at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston. This is the largest group NASA has selected in almost two decades.
- Robert M. Lightfoot Jr. is NASA Acting Administrator
- NASA was established in 1958.
Shri J P Nadda launches Skill for Life, Save a Life initiative to promote skill development in the health sector
ii. Under this initiative, various courses are planned to be initiated targeting specific competencies for healthcare professionals as well as for the general public.
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur was the first Health Minister of India.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank appoints B K Manjunath as part-time chairman for 3 years
- LVB is Headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Corporate office of LVB is in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- LVB was founded in 1926.
Axis Bank, first to issue biodegradable prepaid gift cards
ii. With this, the bank has become the first to introduce biodegradable cards in the country. The card has the look and feel of regular plastic cards and can be used in PoS terminals and ATMs. Biodegradable cards can also be recycled.
- According to a circular issued by the Reserve Bank of India on 1 July 2014, the maximum validity of pre-paid gift instruments is three years.
- Shikha Sharma is the MD and CEO of Axis Bank.
- Headquarter of Axis bank is in Mumbai.
Civil Aviation Ministry to roll out ‘DigiYatra’ for air travellers
- Minister of State for Civil Aviation is Jayant Sinha.
Virat Kohli sole Indian in top 100 of Forbes list of world’s highest paid athletes
ii. Virat Kohli has been ranked 89th on the 2017 Forbes list of ‘The World’s highest paid athletes’ with a total pay of $ 22 million that includes $ three million from salary and winnings and another 19 million from endorsements.
iii. Tennis star Serena Williams is at the 51 spot with $ 27 million, the lone female athlete to make the cut this year.
- Current ICC ranking of Virat Kohli is Third
- Cristiano Ronaldo is from Portugal and plays for the Team of Real Madrid
Ramkumar Ramanathan lifts ITF men’s Futures tennis title
- ITF Futures Tennis Title was held in Singapore.
- The currency of Singapore is Singapore Dollar.
iii. He became the first player from Sri Lanka and the 83rd overall to be inducted into the Hall of Fame when ICC CEO Dave Richardson presented him with a commemorative framed cap.
- There are four Indian Players in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame viz. Bishan Bedi, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, and Sunil Gavaskar.