World Oceans Day- 8 June
ii. The overall theme for World Oceans Day 2017 is 'Our Oceans, Our Future'.
Elections for India’s 15th President on July 17
iii. The term of President Pranab Mukherjee will come to an end on 24 July 2017. He assumed the office of President in July 2012.
- Rajendra Prasad was the first President of Independent India
- Pratibha Patil was the first female President of India.
Centre approves modifications to ‘kambala’ Bill
iii. The Bill proposes to exempt ‘kambala’ from the ambit of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960.
- Kambala is the traditional slush track buffalo race in Karnataka
- Shri Siddaramaiah is the CM of Karnataka
- The Governor of Karnataka is Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India was established on April 12, 1992, in accordance with the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
- Ajay Tyagi has been appointed as the chairman of SEBI in February 2017.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Korea for export credit of USD 9 billion
- EXIM Bank was established by the Government of India, commenced operations in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act, 1981
- David Rasquinha is the Current MD of EXIM Bank of India
- Headquarter of Export–Import Bank of Korea is in Seoul, South Korea.
Health Secretary inaugurates ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’, a National Human Milk Bank and Lactation Counselling Centre
iii. It is established in collaboration with the Norwegian government, Oslo University and Norway-India Partnership Initiative (NIPI). It is a national human milk bank and lactation counseling center that will collect, pasteurize, test and safely store milk that has been donated by lactating mothers and makes it available for infants in need.
- J P Nadda is the present Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur was the first health minister in the Indian Cabinet post-Independence.
PM of India leaves for Kazakhstan to attend SCO summit
- Kazakhstan is a Country in Central Asia
- The Currency of Kazakhstan is Kazakhstani tenge
- The Capital of Kazakhstan is Astana
- Bakytzhan Sagintayev is the PM of Kazakhstan.
Rajnath Singh inaugurated conference on disaster management
ii. The conference was organized by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), holded discussions to develop a synergy and to highlight the way ahead to strengthen the response capabilities of State Disaster Response Forces (SDRF).
- R K Pachnanda is the Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
- NDRF comes under Ministry of Home Affairs
- Head Office of NDRF is in New Delhi.
Kerala government implements ‘green protocol’ for weddings
ii. With the implementation of the protocol, plastic and other non-biodegradable articles including disposable glasses and plates and thermocol decorations will be kept at bay from marriage functions.
- Pinarayi Vijayan is the present Chief Minister of Kerala
- P.Sathasivam is the present Governor of Kerala
- Sasthamkotta Lake is situated in Kerala
- Onam is Kerala's harvest festival
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary is in Kerala.
K G Karmakar, Gauri Shankar appointed directors of IPPB
- IPPB was launched on January 30th, 2017 in Ranchi and Raipur
- For now, IPPB is offering Savings account up to a balance of Rs 1 Lakh, along with digitally enabled payments and remittance services of all kinds between individuals
- IPPB offers 3 distinct accounts- 1. Regular Account – Safal, 2. Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) - Sugam, and 3. BSBDA Small - Saral.
- The Tagline of IPPB is Aapka bank, aapke dwaar.
- IPPB incorporated as a public limited company under the Department of Posts, Govt. of India on 17th August 2016.
iii. Bopanna has become only the fourth Indian to win a Grand Slam crown, after Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza.
- Bhupathi won India’s first Grand Slam title in 1997 when he partnered Japan’s Rika Hiraki to claim the French Open.
- French Open 2017 is organized in Paris, France.