India tops global remittance-receiving list
- 9th Secretary-General of United Nations is Antonio Guterres.
- Its headquarter is in New York City, USA.
GII Rankings: India 60th most innovative globally, Switzerland tops the list
- China (22nd)
- Sri Lanka (90th)
- Nepal (109th)
- Pakistan (113th)
- Bangladesh (114th)
- The first report of GII was released in 2007.
- Currently, it has 14 Advisory Members.
Centre launches IDCF to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea
- Jagat Prakash Nadda is the Ministers of Health and Family Welfare of India.
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank grants USD 150 mn loan for India Infrastructure Fund
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) headquarters in Beijing, China.
Yes Bank partners with TerraPay for faster international remittance
ii. TerraPay has partnered with Yes Bank in a Rupee Drawing Arrangement which enables TerraPay’s network partners to make instant cross-border money transfer to bank accounts in India.
iii. For bank accounts other than Yes Bank accounts, Yes Bank will disburse funds using the immediate payment service, popularly known as IMPS. The service is available 24X7.
- Mr. Rana Kapoor is the Managing Director & CEO of YES Bank.
- The Bank was founded in 2004.
- Yes Bank is Headquartered in Mumbai.
- TerraPay is a Global transaction processing, clearing and settlement service for mobile wallets.
RBI places restrictions on banking activities of Central Bank of India
ii. According to the RBI, the PCA has been triggered in view of negative return on assets and high ratio of bad loans. So far, RBI has triggered PCAs for four banks – IDBI Bank, UCO Bank, Dena Bank and Indian Overseas Bank. Central Bank has reported loss of Rs 2439 crore for the fiscal year 2016-17.
- Shri. Rajeev Rishi is the Chairman & Managing Director of Central Bank of India.
- CBI is Headquartered in Mumbai.
China launches 1st X-ray space telescope to study black holes
ii. It was delivered into orbit, 550km (341 miles) above the Earth, by the Long March-4B rocket.
- The capital of China is Beijing and its Currency is Renminbi.
- The President of China is Xi Jinping.
- Xichang Satellite Launch Cente is in China.
Neeru Chadha elected as first Indian woman Member of ITLOS
- The Hamburg (Germany)-based ITLOS was established in 1996.
- Ms. Chadha is only the second woman to be the judge of ITLOS in its two decades of existence.
TCS executive Ramanathan Ramanan to head Atal Mission under NITI Aayog
- Chairperson of NITI Ayog is Shri Narendra Modi.
- Vice Chairperson of NITI Ayog is Dr. Arvind Panagariya.
Israeli author David Grossman wins Man Booker International Prize 2017
- Arundhati Roy won the Booker Prize for her brilliant and poetic novel “The God of Small Things” in the year 1997 making her the first Indian to receive the prestigious award.
- The prize for 2016 Booker prize was awarded to `The Vegetarian' by South Korea's Han Kang.
ii. The award consists of 51,000 rupees, a memento and a certificate.
iii. His most important novel is Mauna Onth Mukhar Hriday (Silent lips, murmuring hearts) which won the Sahitya Akademi award in 2005.
- PM Modi had recently inaugurated India’s longest bridge in Assam, it has been named after Bhupen Hazarika.