MAY 23RD CURENTAFFAIRS-2017
PM launches various projects of Kandla Port Trust, Gujarat
i. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has
of two Mobile Harbour Cranes
- Kandla was constructed in the 1950s as the chief seaport serving western India.
- CM of Gujarat is Mr. Vijay Rupani and its governor is Mr. Om Prakash Kohli.
- Shri.Ravi M Parmar is the Chairman of Kandla Port Trust.
i. India overtook Japan to become the
- The International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) is a
- non-profit research and development organization
- which was founded in 1996
- Roeland Baan is the Chairman of ISSF
- The Indian Stainless Steel Development Association (ISSDA) is the unifying
- point for the growth and development of stainless steel usage in
- India and it was Founded in 1989.
- Shri Chaudhary Birender Singh is Union Minister of Steel since July 2016.
i. Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu
i. HDFC Life announced the launch of an
- HDFC Bank MD is Aditya Puri
- Headquarter of HDFC Bank is Mumbai.
i. Federal Bank, in association with Geojit,
- Federal Bank Headquarter is in Kochi, Kerala and its CEO is
- Shyam Srinivasan.
i. Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has closed
- Mr. Joseph Weiss is the President & CEO of IAI
- Israel Aerospace Industries was established in 1953 as Bedek Aviation Company.
- Israel is the Country in the Middle East and its Capital is Jerusalem.
i. A United Nations-backed panel has
- The United States dropped nuclear weapons on the
- Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6
- and 9, 1945, respectively.
i. Every year, May 22 is observed as
- UNEP full form is United Nations Environment Programm
- UNEP headquarter is in Nairobi, Kenya.
i. Rohan Chakravarty, a wildlife and
- Carter Roberts is the President & CEO
- of WWF (World Wildlife Fund)
- Green Humour is the first Indian
- comic strip to be distributed internationally
i. A 43-year-old UK entrepreneur has
- UK capital is London and its currency is British Pound
- PM of UK is Theresa May.
i. Indian businessman Mathunny Mathews
i. India's R Vaishali won the women's title